If you are looking to purchase or start a new business in Big Stone County, Big Stone Area Growth (link!) should be your first call! Please call 320-839-6155 and let us assist!
If you are looking for employment or you have a business and are searching for an employee in the Big Stone County area, here are a couple of helpful links:
Facebook. We have a local area Facebook group that is a great place to check out –
“Jobs! Big Stone Lake Area”
Minnesotaworks.net is a great Minnesota site for both Job Seekers and for Employers. This is a NO FEE online job bank for finding jobs and employees in Minnesota – great link! minnesotaworks.net
Southwest Minnesota Private Industry Council
Partnering with the Workforce Centers
Although their offices are in Montevideo, Marshall and Worthington, they have staff hours at the Ortonville Public Library (Carrie Kwilinski!) who is available to help you and/or get you connected to services that can assist you in finding and preparing for your next job.
Among their many services and resources (check out the link above to their website), listed below are just a few of the things that they can assist with:
- Skill training in reading, math, job and life skills
- Post-High School Education Assistance
- Goal Setting
- Career Counseling and Exploration
- Tests and Assessments to find your interest levels and skills
- Referrals to other service agencies that may be of assistance
- Paid Work Experience Programs with local employers
- Job Placement Assistance
- Assistance with resumes, job applications, and interview preparations
- On-the-Job Training Opportunities
- Employment and Job Search Workshops
- Introduction to listings of regional job openings
- Budgeting assistance
- Supportive Services such as transportation, childcare, housing, etc. may be available if you are eligible for one of our programs.