Small Cities Development Grant – Interest Application/Forms & Info
Correll – home owner-occupied rehab
Ortonville – rental property rehab
Interest forms – deadline is October 7th
Big Stone County FMR – Utility Allowances – Income Guide Lines
Cover Letter_Ortonville Rental Properties
Ortonville Rental Property Interest Statement Form – 2022
City of CORRELL Homeowner Interest Statement 2022
Big Stone County – City of Correll Homeowner Cover Letter – 2022
Big Stone Area Growth (BSAG) is a non-profit economic development organization funded by Big Stone County with additional support from the Cities of Graceville and Ortonville.
The sole purpose of BSAG is to expand the economic base of Big Stone County by assisting with business development, workforce development, and community development.
Our services are confidential and are provided free of charge to all new and existing businesses in Big Stone County.
Our mission is to facilitate the development and retention of diverse and economically viable businesses and to encourage and assist communities to provide sustainable and supportive environments in which these businesses can prosper.
- We can help you through the research phase for the business you are considering, and help you identify your strengths and how they fit into your overall business management plan.
- We can help you through the business planning process, considering basic business management principles.
- We can direct you to available funding sources specific to your project and help you get the financial management and profitability analysis you need to ensure a successful business venture.
- We can direct you to the most appropriate agencies and resources to answer questions regarding taxes, laws, grant programs, funding, zoning, permits, etc.
- We can assist you with basic website creation and social media options for businesses and organizations.
The Board of Directors for Big Stone Area Growth (BSAG) is excited to report the establishment of a new resource for area businesses looking to start or expand. The BSAG Revolving Loan Fund can provide gap financing for businesses that are creating new employment within the county. The fund was made possible through a $99,000 from the USDA Rural Business Enterprise Grant program.
The intent of the loan fund is to create at least one new job for every $10,000 loaned out to area businesses. The fund acts as a gap lender by filling in business funding needs that aren’t available from traditional sources such as banks and other business development loan funds. Loan funds can be used for a variety of activities, including land, construction, equipment and operating capital. The loan fund will not act as the sole lender in a project and requires the business to provide some equity into the project.
BSAG Revolving Loan Fund Application (PDF format)