Check out the Business Resource Blog Posts on our website
Starting a Business Information (Tax ID, Business Plans, Cash Flows, and more) and other Financing Assistance Options (MN DEED)
The list below will be updated frequently.
The Upper Minnesota Valley Regional Development Commission (UMVRDC) has partnered with Vivid Image to host webinars. If you missed the first two, check out the links below: (and watch for more to come!)
- How to Quickly Adapt Your Local Business Marketing to Attract and Activate Customers Who Still Need Your Products and Services
- Understanding Google My Business
Register now for the January 27th webinar!
Small Business Administration
Jan. 12, 10 a.m.
Want a quick peek at what it takes to start a business? Take our startup class and we will take you through a step-by-step process of making your business legal in the state of Minnesota.
Find out more about the tools you’ll need in just one hour. Register Now
The Money Smart Series for Small Business provides a practical introduction to topics related to starting and managing a business. Developed jointly by SBA and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the curriculum consists of 13 modules.
Use the links below to register for the entire series or just the sessions that are of most interest to you:
- Planning for a Healthy BusinessRegister Jan. 19, 1 p.m.;
- Banking ServicesRegister Jan. 26, 1 p.m.;
- Organizational TypesRegister Feb. 2, 1 p.m.;
- Time ManagementRegister Feb. 9, 1 p.m.;
- Financial ManagementRegister Feb. 16, 1 p.m.;
- Record KeepingRegister Feb. 23, 1 p.m.;
- Business Credit DemystifiedRegister March 2, 1 p.m.;
- Risk Management- Planning for the UnexpectedRegister March 9, 1 p.m.;
- Insurance -Choices for BusinessRegister March 16, 1 p.m.;
- Tax Planning & ReportingRegister March 23, 1 p.m.;
- Selling Your Small Business and Succession PlanningRegister March 30, 1 p.m.;
- Managing Cash FlowRegister April 6, 1 p.m.;
Check back often as we add links…
An interview with Dawn Hegland, Executive Director of the UMVRDC on what services they provide: