- Eligible applicants may request up to $20,000 in grant assistance based upon need. Actual grant award may be less than requested and will be based on number of employees, gross revenue or profit loss, impact to the business, and availability of funds.
- Applications will be considered and acted on by the Big Stone Area Growth Board and/or the Big Stone County Board of Commissioners.
- The status of the data supplied for grant funding will be governed by MN Statute 13.591.
- Eligible recipients include businesses and nonprofits, nonprofit arts organizations, nonprofit museums, and nonprofit fitness centers that earn revenue similar to businesses, including but not limited to ticket sales and membership fees and were impacted by an executive order related to the COVID-19 pandemic are eligible for grants.
- For-profit businesses and nonprofits operating as a business that can demonstrate business losses due to COVID-19 between March 1, 2020, and December 31, 2020.
- There are no limits on the size of the business or nonprofit, but priority will be given to small businesses.
- All eligible applicants must have a physical, commercial location, whether owned or leased, that is located in Big Stone County. Home-based businesses are eligible.
- Applicants must have no current tax liens on record with the Secretary of State as of the time of application.
- Businesses opening after March 1, 2020, are eligible. These businesses should fill out the revenue and expense information at the time of opening.
- Businesses must verify the NAICS Code for the industry of their primary operations
- Businesses must disclose if they have received other state, federal or local grants for COVID-related expenses.
- Lending institutions, law firms, accounting firms, utility companies, chain convenience stores, production agriculture, insurance agencies, financial advisors, and passive investments.
- The Big Stone County Business Grant application must be completed in its entirety by the applicant through one of these methods:
- On-line through the MNbump.com portal
- Submitted to BSAG electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Deliver to Big Stone Area Growth, 44 Second St NW, Ortonville, MN 56278 (mail: O. Box 223)
- Applications must be received by BSAG on or before February 8, 2021, in order to be considered. Applications will be reviewed and grants awarded by March 15, 2021.
- Businesses need to provide income/expense statements for the period identified in the application if available. If income/expense statements are not available, the business can identify their income and expense numbers on the application. Businesses not providing a report may be asked to provide 2019 and/or 2020 tax statements or similar information to verify the accuracy of data.
- Other items as requested by BSAG.
- Property Taxes
- Insurance Costs
- Legal Fees
- Licensing Fees
- Accounting Fees
- Routine Maintenance
- Travel/Vehicle Expenses
- Office Supplies
- Repairs to the existing building and equipment
*Guidelines and application are subject to change. Businesses and nonprofits may be asked for additional information as part of the review and reporting process to the state*
If you would prefer to print out a copy of the Application, handwrite the application and submit by mail or in-person, Big Stone County State COVID Business Assistance Grant Program PDF
Otherwise, please complete the application online (below) and hit submit. Thank you!